Thursday 16 May 2013

First Mascara Review...

Maybelline New York - the Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara Price £8.99


The first of many. I thought I would do this one first as its a brand new one and has been advertised quite a lot. I bought it recently and today is the first time I have used it so I can give my overall opinion of using this as a first time user. 



This particular Mascara has a Gel based formula to prevent it from crumbling / flaking. Although I haven't been wearing it very long it doesn't appear to be very crumbly. I have only had 1 small flake since putting it on which was over 2 hours ago so very good so far




The brush is very flimsy and can be bent / moved around as much as you like. Hence the little indent underneath. Its very soft brush its looks like and old style bristle brush but I believe its a plastic brush however very soft. Very easy to use. 

Okay so I'm guessing you want to see some results.

The following images are from just using this mascara on my eyelashes. 

I don't have long eyelashes I would say average. See pics below. 




First attempt on my right eye. This is without putting any on my bottom lashes. 

Completed right eye with bottom and top lashes done.


Both eyes completed. Defiantly provides extreme length. 

NO FAKE LASH INSETS OR FAKE LASHES AT ALL. NO FIBRE LASH HAS BEEN USED TO CREAT THIS LOOK. ONLY THE MASCARA HAS BEEN USED TO CREATE THIS LOOK. 



Overall I must give this Mascara an 8/10 overall. I had to put a couple of coats on to achieve the above look which to me is okay if you have the time however when you are getting ready for work and in a rush its probably not the best one for you. I like that the brush is soft as there is nothing worse than a really hard brush that takes half your lashes out when you use it so it scores point there. 

Any questions or need more pics let me know. ^_^


Okay so I have had chance to wear this Mascara for a whole day and the end results for the end of the day and just before bed are the following....


There was some slight crumbling but thats expected. I'm sticking with an overall score of 8/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment