Saturday 18 May 2013

Review - Avon Super Extend Extreme ...

Next Review - Avon Super Extend Extreme ... 



Today I have tested Avon Super Extend Extreme currently priced on the Avon website at £10.00 however it does go on offer quite a lot as I think I purchased it for around £5.00 when I bought it.



The brush is plastic and is quite big. It is a different size all round which is suppose to allow you to achieve high lengths without clumping. 


This picture is direct from the Avon website. This shows the brush in more detail as its sometimes hard to show you a brush when its covered in mascara. 


The good thing about this brush is that it has tiny bristles on the very end making it easier to get those little lashes in the corner of your eye. 

Before I show you the results of the mascara I must remind you of the length of my lashes before any mascara has been applied.




I also must remind you that NO USE OF LASH INSETS OR FALSIES HAVE BEEN USED IN THE FOLLOWING IMAGES. I HAVE NOT USED FIBRE LASH. THE PICTURES YOU SEE ARE RESULTS OF USING THE MASCARA ALONE.


Okay so I thought I would quote what is stated on the Avon website for this mascara to see if I would agree with the description.

"Take even the shortest lashes to new heights! Lengthening mascara with lash-lifting brush visibly lengthens top lashes by up to 87%. Doesn't flake, clump of smudge."

Hmmm not sure I agree with this.... 


From this picture you can see that the mascara does indeed add length to your lashes. However it took me quite awhile to achieve this. I have to twist and turn the brush quite a few times to achieve this look. I had to comb my lashes A LOT to separate each lash as they did all clump together very quickly and the brush didn't seem to separate the lashes with each stroke. 

So I can agree slightly with the description as it does in fact add length but it could take you awhile of messing with the brush and your lashes to actually get the 87% increase in length. 


It does give definition on the bottom lashes which is good and as I have said earlier the end of the brush bristles make it incredibly easy to get into the corners so there are some positives about this mascara.  




I wouldn't personally run out and demand one of these mascaras as there are plenty more on the market for around the same price that do a better job. But it would be good for someone who wants a little bit of length and doesn't mind a bit of playing around to get them separated. 

So my overall score of this Avon mascara is a poor 4/10. I love the little bristles on the end of the brush as its useful and it worked well on my bottom lashes without issue. However the lashes clumped together after a couple of strokes of the brush and it was just a hassle. Not a quick mascara to get the knack off. 

Anyone else use this and have a difference of opinion? Or can you recommend a different way of using the brush to achieve better results? Let me know. 

^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment