Sunday 19 May 2013

Review ... Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof

Another Review - Maybelline New York - Great Lash - Very Black - Waterproof ...

This mascara is currently priced at just £4.99 on the Boots website and can be found for similar prices in different high street stores. So a nice cheap one. 


This is one of three waterproof mascaras that I own as Im not usually a fan as they can sometimes be a pain to get off. 

The brush for this mascara is very small. The completed opposite to the Soap and Glory mascara that I recently reviewed. 


Very small indeed. Its not plastic, its completely made out of bristles. The end of the brush is extra small to make it easy to reach the little lashes hidden in the corner of your eye. 


My first thought when I took this brush out of the bottle was Whoaaaa this is going to take forever to complete my eyes. I was very wrong indeed. Even though the brush is small its packs a punch. Didn't take me long to achieve a great lengthy look. 


Reminder of what my eyelashes look like without mascara. 


NO LASH INSETS OR FALSIES HAVE BEEN USED IN THE FOLLOWING IMAGES. NO FIBRE LASH HAS BEEN USED EITHER. THE IMAGES SHOW WHAT THIS MASCARA CAN DO ON ITS OWN. 


For a small brush this mascara is brilliant. Provides great length and perfect contrast of thickness to give great looking lashes from a distance as well as close up. 

It worked even better with the bottom lashes. Really made them stand out. 



The corner lashes were easy to reach too as the end of the brush was very small, without over gloop. 





This mascara provides length and added volume. It didn't appear to flake when putting on, and is a bugger to get off if you get in on your eyelid showing that it is a decent waterproof mascara.

I would prefer the normal one if I had the choice instead of the waterproof one as I think its going to be difficult later to get this mascara off which is its only downfall at the moment. 


This Mascara for me is ticking a lot of the boxes. It provides Length not only to your top lashes but more so to your bottom lashes, it gives volume, it doesn't clump and you can get your corner lashes very easily. It is also very cheap indeed. Maybelline have out done themselves with this mascara. 

My overall score would have to be a 9/10 as this mascara is a Brilliant one. I did have to use my eyelash comb to separate some of my lashes which has prevented it from getting a full 10. This is however going in my top ten mascaras very possibly my top 5. 

Let me know what you think if you have ever tried it. 

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment