Monday 20 May 2013

Review - Max Factor - False Lash Effect ...

Review Time again this time Max Factor - False Lash Effect - Bold Volume for up to 24 hours...


This is currently priced at around £11.99 in various high street stores. So quite pricey. This mascara is similar to the False Lash effect (Standard one) but is suppose to provide Volume for up to 24 hours. 


The brush for this one is plastic all round. The bristles are quite soft so they don't pull at your lashes. 


The very end of the brush is flat which allows you to scraped off any excessive mascara. 


I love a good plastic brush and this one is good. 
As usual I must show you what my eyelashes look like without mascara to give you the idea of how well each mascara works. 



I have tried something different with this review as I haven't really given you any examples of what fibre lash can do for you. 
So what I have done is used the Mascara solely on one eye and on the other I have used fibre lash before I have applied the Mascara to show the difference. 

I HAVENT USED ANY LASH INSETS OR FALSIES IN THE FOLLOWING IMAGES. 


 Okay so I shall show you the results of the mascara used on its own first. 



This mascara is good. I wouldn't say it gives the impression of false lashes when used on its own. 

As you can see my lashes are rather scatered. It defiantly provides added length but no as much as you may have wished for. 


It did help the bottom lashes with definition which was good.



I prefer to use this mascara with my fibre lash hence why I have done one eye with and one eye without. 

I prefer it as it makes your lashes more straight and gives them that added length that it needs to give off the false lash effect. 


This is what the Fibre lash looks like when applied. Gives length. You wait for it to dry then apply your mascara. I used step one of my Maybelline NewYork XXL Curl Power above.


I didn't use step two of this mascara only the fibre lash from step 1. 

The results I got with the fibre lash were much more perfect than just using the mascara on its own. 



Much more straight lashes and more defined. 


The eye shown on the left (direction from looking directly at the screen) has the Max Factor mascara on Only! The eye on the right has one layer of fibre lash on as well as the Max Factor mascara. 
You can tell the slight difference. 
You can see the eyelashes are more straight with added volume and definition. 

Its a shame that this mascara cannot provide this look by itself.

Without Fibre lash side closest 
With Fibre Lash side closest. 



I do like this mascara and I think it would help those out that have really small lashes. However I prefer to use it with fibre lash as I'm not overly satisfied with the length it provides on its own. 

It does last a long time so I can agree with the 24 hours thing. It doesn't crumble and is easy to remove with water or eye make-up remover. 

So my overall score for this mascara would be a 6/10 on its own.  


With Fibre lash I would give it an 8/10. But thats not the point. Mascaras should be good on there own without the use of additional fibres (unless its double ended and its part of the mascara itself.) 

Anyone got any views on this? 
Leave me and comment and let me know. 

If you would like to be kept up to date with what mascaras are being reviewed next then please like the connected Facebook page. You will have an insight as to which one is next. You can also contact me and put forward any reviews that you would like to see. 

https://www.facebook.com/MascaraTheGoodTheBadandTheCheap

Thanks for checking out todays edition. 


^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment